If for whatever reason you are unable to attend physio treatments at the practice, we can bring the treatments right to you in Edenvale and surrounding areas.
This service is ideal for those who:
- Have difficulty with transportation
- Age or condition related challenges making travelling difficult
- Chronic conditions that increase one’s risks of illness or infection
Home physio visits can be especially helpful for those who have difficulty with daily activities such as walking, climbing upstairs, getting up off the couch or getting in and out of bed by helping improve balance, strength, mobility and confidence in and around your home.
What we bring
Our physios will bring a plinth (a padded table for a person to sit or lie on whilst receiving physical therapy) or in the event that you cannot get onto the plinth, our physios can treat you in your bed. We will have basic supplies for treatment but may not have larger machines at our disposal.
What we need from you
What we need from you is a space that we can put up the plinth/bed with enough room for our physios to move around. The space should be free from clutter, quiet and have as few disruptions or interruptions as possible. If the weather allows, we could do the treatment outside if you would prefer.
Other services offered include:
- Chest rehabilitation (including nebulisation)
- Rehabilitation following orthopaedic surgery
- Sport injury
- Neurological rehabilitation (Parkinson’s disease, Stroke)
- Maintenance for chronic disability
A first visit will include a thorough assessment and treatment with a specific patient-tailored exercise programme that can be done safely in your home.
All home visits do come with an additional fee at medical aid rates to cover transportation costs.