What does kinesio tape do?
Kinesiology tape aka strapping or taping stabilizes the injured area by lightly adhering to the skin and applying pressure to the tissues the tape is wrapped around. This tape allows the connective tissue surrounding the affected muscle or tendon to move along with the body. There are many types of tapes and even more techniques that they may be applied. At Williams and Locke Physiotherapists we will ensure your strapping needs are met with correct choice of tape and expert application skills to assist in your recovery
Experience the benefits of kinesiology tape with our specialized strapping service. Kinesiology tape, also known as Kinesio tape, is designed to support lymphatic drainage, reducing swelling and providing effective pain management. Our lightweight and breathable tape can withstand various activities and even stays applied when wet. With an average application lasting up to 3 days, you can enjoy continuous support and relief. Rest assured, our kinesiology tape is made from low-allergen, latex-free materials, ensuring your skin remains irritation-free throughout the treatment. Discover the power of kinesiology tape in optimizing your recovery and performance.
At our practice, we offer professional strapping services using kinesiology tape. Our skilled practitioners utilize this innovative tape to aid in lymphatic drainage, reduce swelling, and provide effective pain management through complex neural pathways. With its lightweight and breathable properties, kinesiology tape remains intact even during activities and can withstand exposure to water. The average application of our kinesiology tape lasts for up to 3 days, ensuring continuous support and relief. Rest easy knowing that our tape is made from low-allergen, latex-free materials, prioritizing your comfort and preventing any skin reactions. Experience the benefits of kinesiology tape with our expert strapping service and unlock the potential for enhanced recovery and performance.
Rigid tape is a valuable tool in injury management that provides essential joint stability during physical activity and aids in immobilisation during the recovery process. Its primary application is to offer reliable support and protection to vulnerable joints, especially in athletes returning to sports activities after injury. By securely taping the affected area, Rigid tape helps minimize the risk of re-injury, providing athletes with the confidence and reassurance they need to perform at their best. Whether you’re recovering from a sprain, strain, or other joint-related injuries, our skilled physiotherapists will skillfully apply rigid tape to ensure optimal joint stabilization and protection, allowing you to safely resume your active lifestyle.
Active Tape is a versatile four-way stretch tape that offers remarkable force-reducing properties that make it an invaluable tool in injury rehabilitation. With its unique characteristics, active tape effectively reduces the load on injured joints during rehabilitation exercises, enabling individuals to safely increase joint loading while minimising discomfort and pain. By providing optimal support and stability, Active Tape allows for targeted and controlled movements, promoting efficient rehabilitation and enhancing overall recovery outcomes. This innovative tape is designed to adapt to the body’s natural movements, offering a comfortable and customizable fit. Whether you’re recovering from a sports-related injury or seeking to manage chronic joint conditions, our physiotherapists will apply Active Tape with precision and expertise, helping to optimise your rehabilitation journey.
What are the benefits of Strapping?
- Significantly reduces swelling and inflammation: Strapping techniques, such as compression taping, help reduce swelling by promoting fluid drainage and improving circulation in the affected area.
- Allows safer return to sport: By providing support and stability, strapping allows individuals to safely return to sports activities following injuries, reducing the risk of re-injury.
- Reduces pain: Strapping helps alleviate pain and discomfort by reducing stress on injured or overworked tissues, providing compression and support.
- Improves blood circulation: Properly applied strapping techniques can enhance blood circulation in the taped area, promoting tissue healing and recovery.
- Stimulates bruise and contusion recovery: Strapping can facilitate recovery from bruises and contusions by providing support, reducing swelling, and promoting blood flow to the affected area.
- Prevents and relieves muscle spasms and cramping: Strapping can help stabilize muscles, reducing the likelihood of spasms and cramps during physical activity.
- Increases and speeds up muscle recovery: Strapping techniques can enhance muscle recovery by providing support, reducing muscle fatigue, and improving circulation to aid in nutrient delivery.
- Supports muscle and joint injuries: Strapping offers additional support to weakened or injured muscles, ligaments, or joints, assisting in injury prevention and providing stability during movement.
- It is comfortable: Properly applied strapping is designed to be comfortable, allowing individuals to move and engage in activities without discomfort.
- Reduces the risk of injury: By providing support and stability, strapping helps reduce the risk of injuries, particularly in individuals with weak or unstable joints.
- Allows you to move freely: Despite providing support, strapping allows for freedom of movement, enabling individuals to engage in their desired activities while still receiving the benefits of support.
- Improves muscle tone and strength: Strapping can help facilitate proper muscle activation and alignment, leading to improved muscle tone and strength over time.
Williams & Locke Physiotherapists is here to help you! Click below to book an appointment online today.